Thursday 11 October 2012

Baskerville ready? Eurostile ready? Three, two one!



I feel like I've been seriously taking fonts and what not for granted, what I once saw for something that you've got to pick when ever you're forced to do an essay, I now see for what they are, a fucking nightmare. Seriously, baseline, x-height, cap height, ascenders, descenders, counters, well dude I know my shit now.

The two fonts I've been given are, and drum roll please...Baskerville Regular, and Eurostile Bold.

Now starting off on t'old Baskerville designed by John, well Baskerville, in the 18th Century, Baskerville (the man not the font) based his work on the work of engravers. Baskerville (the font this time) was popular for book work in the letter press era. Experiments have shown that text writing in Baskerville is 1.5% more likely to make the reader agree with the phrase.




Now Eurostile, Eurostile was designed by Aldo Novarese in 1962, now I'm 99% sure that fonts don't have feelings, but if they did I'd be a little bit hurt if I was Microgramma, because Eurostile was designed to be a better version of Microgramma, very similar fonts but Eurostile has both upper and lower case letters, whereas Microgramma has only upper case letters.

Eurostile Extended Bold is used for
CASIO logo.
Eurostile.
Eurostile.
Baskerville is used for Castleton College in Vermont.



No comments:

Post a Comment