Wednesday 26 September 2012

If eyes are windows to the soul, then why do we look OUT of them?

My version of 'The Ice Bear' front cover.
Jackie Morris' 'The Ice Bear' front cover.

Jackie Morris

Click here for link to
Jackie Morris' website
Morris is an illustrator originally from Birmingham who now lives in Wales with her kids, but that's not the point. And her work is beyond good, but that's not the point I'm trying to make either...the real point that I'm trying to make is that although I do like her work the thing I like about Jackie Morris is the way she talks about her work, or in fact the way she talks about anything, back in the Sixth Form if I had to write an essay about my work in art, or any of my subjects, I would sit down with my pen and paper (not at my computer, I'm old school) and promptly shit my pants, because there is nothing I hated more than trying to write what I was thinking or feeling, especially about a piece of my own work, because I was always scared I'd get it wrong or end up looking like a dick, or both. But Jackie Morris is a brave sort of artist, where she doesn't give a shit, she pours her heart and soul into everything she does, from paintings, to blog posts, to captions for her Facebook photos, she's not scared of being judged or ridiculed for being exactly who she is, and let's face it, everyone can spout their 'I don't care what anyone thinks of me' bullshit, but we all know that true cases of that are rare.




No comments:

Post a Comment